A whisky cocktail is a brilliant way to start or round off your Burns Supper and they are guaranteed to impress your guests. And don’t worry – they are all really easy to make.
1 small egg white only; 2tsp caster sugar; 1tsp vanilla syrup; 1small lemon, juice only; 50ml/2fl oz Bourbon; 2 dashes bitters
- Place all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake.
- Strain into a tumbler with ice.
1 dash whisky bitters; 1 strip orange zest; 25ml/1fl oz Scotch whisky; 25ml/1fl oz ginger liqueur; Lemon zest, to garnish
- Place all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice and stir to mix.
- Strain into a whisky tumbler over ice, garnish with lemon zest and serve.
Hot Buttered Toddy
1tsp brandy butter, softened; Pinch ground allspice; 2tsp vanilla syrup; 25ml/1fl oz whisky; Orange peel studded with cloves; Hot cider, to top up
- Place all of the ingredients except the cider into a latte-style glass.
- Top with hot cider and serve.