Avocados are very on-trend, and packed full of goodness! Why not give this a go for a delicious and unique breakfast?
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 2 Avocados, ripened
- 4 large Eggs
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper or Chilli Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Slice the avocados in half and remove the stone, then scoop out just enough of the avocado flesh to fit in the egg.
- Place the avocados on a baking pan or in a dish - try to make sure they fit as tightly as possible to avoid any spillages!
- Crack an egg into each half of the avocado, being careful not to break the yolk.
- Season with salt and pepper, and a pinch of chilli powder.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until the egg has set.
- Serve immediately.
Chef's Tip! Unsure if your avocado is good to eat? Use your thumb to gently pop off the remaining bit of stem - if it's brown underneath then it's overripe and probably no good. If it's yellow, then you're good to go!