Serves 4, 10 minutes prep, 40-45 minutes cooking
This comforting soup is delicious and so simple to prepare and is great as a starter at dinner or as a hearty lunch that is guaranteed to keep you going all day.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 675g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and chopped into cubes
- 600ml vegetable stock (stock cubes or jellied stock pots are fine)
- 100ml fresh orange juice
- tsp ground ginger
- 50g fresh coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- Warm the olive oil in a saucepan and add the onion and garlic.
- Sweat over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the butternut squash, coriander and ginger and gently cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and the orange juice and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the butternut squash is tender.
- Bring the pan off the heat, puree the soup and season to taste.
- Serve garnished with fresh coriander leaves and crusty bread.