Serves 4-6, 30mins Preparation, 10mins Cooking
Our Bhajis are great as a starter or as part of an Indian feast and are so easy to make. Serve with Raita
and mango chutney on the side for dipping.
• 2 free-range eggs
• 3 onions, sliced
• 120g/4oz plain flour
• 1 tsp ground coriander
• 1 tsp cumin seeds
• 3 tbsp vegetable oil, plus extra if required
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Add the onion rings and mix well.
- Add the flour, ground coriander and cumin seeds and stir well to combine.
- Heat the oil in a deep-sided frying pan over a medium heat. When hot add a large spoonful of the bhaji mixture and fry for 30-45 seconds, until golden-brown.
- Turn the bhaji over and fry for a further 30 seconds, until crisp and golden-brown all over. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Repeat with the remaining bhaji mixture, replenishing the oil in the pan if it runs low and allowing it to heat up again after a new addition.