Makes 8 mini pies, 20 minutes preparation, 25 minutes cooking
These mini Festive Pies are perfect for serving at a party or a Christmas buffet. It is a great way to use up leftover turkey or ham but they are so delicious that it is worth roasting some turkey or ham just to make these tasty treats.
- 500g pack of ready-made Shortcrust Pastry
- 250g shredded leftover/pre-cooked Turkey and 8tsp Cranberry Sauce
- Or 250g shredded leftoover/pre-cooked Ham and 3tsp English Mustard
- 8tbsp Double Cream
- 1 beaten Egg
- 1 muffin tin, lightly greased
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface so that it's just thinner than a £1 coin then ut out circles using a pastry cutter or small saucer. For a standard muffin tin you will need circles that are around 8x10cm for the bases and the same number of 8 x 9cm circles for the lids. To make sure you have enough pastry you may need to re-roll the trimmings.
- Next, push the larger circles into the holes of the muffin tin, then layer some turkey, 1tbsp of cream then 1 tsp of cranberry sauce into each pastry case. Alternatively, begin with a layer of ham, then 1tbsp cream and lastly ½tsp mustard.
- Season the pies well then brush the edges of the pastry with a little egg. Place a lid on top of each and pinch the sides together to ensure they are sealed fully. Chill the pies for 15-20 minutes to set them.
- Before cooking, brush the tops with a little more egg to give them a glossy look then bake for 25 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden. Serve warm, or leave to cool and enjoy cold.