Serves 4, 5-10 minutes preparation, 30 minutes roasting
Serve perfect, melt-in-the-mouth roast beef every Sunday with the help of our simple recipe.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g/1lb 2oz middle-cut aged beef fillet
- To cook the beef, preheat the oven to 60C/140F/Gas ¼.
- Heat half the vegetable oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the beef fillet and fry until browned on all sides - this should take no more than two minutes in total. Remove the beef from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Wrap the cooled beef fillet in cling film and place onto a roasting tray. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Set aside and keep warm. You can warm the joint through gently before serving if necessary, but you will need to remove the cling film if using a higher heat otherwise it will melt.
- Serve with your favourite vegetables and, of course, some homemade Yorkshire Puddings.