Serves 5, 30 minutes preparation, 45 minutes cooking
Our Chicken and Leek Pie is the perfect dish for a hearty winter warming meal - the ultimate comfort food!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 skinless chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 2 medium leeks, chopped
- 15g butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 750ml milk
- 150ml white wine
- 1 chicken stock cube/pot
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 x 500g block all butter puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan until hot. Cook chicken until brown. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, heat the remaining oil, add the leeks and cook and stir until the leeks are tender and the wine has evaporated. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pot. Stir in the flour to create a smooth paste. Gradually add the milk, stirring continuously until sauce thickens.
- Add chicken and leeks to the pot and crumble in the stock cube and season. Cover and simmer over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Line a 23cm x 30cm or similar size tin with puff pastry. Fill with chicken and leek mixture and cover with a layer of puff pastry.
- Bake in a preheated 200 C / Gas 6 oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is puffy and golden.