Serves 4, 10 minutes prep, 10 minutes cooking
A really speedy version of the classic and great to make with the kids, plus using pitta breads to make mini pizzas means that everyone can choose their favourite toppings which will keep the whole family happy!
- 10 Pitta Breads, wholemeal or white (based on 3 per adult and 2 per child)
- 10tsp tomato puree
- 150g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Toppings of your choice such as: cherry tomatoes, halved; ham, cut into chunks; pinapple chunks; red onion slices; tinned sweetcorn
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6.
2. Top the pitta breads with a teaspoon of tomato puree each followed by your favourite toppings then sprinkle a small handful of grated cheese over the top.
3. Place the pitta bread pizzas on a baking tray and cook for 8-10 minutes until the edges of the bread are lightly golden and the cheese has melted.
4. To serve, cut into quarters and arrange on a platter and let everyone dig in.