Serves 2, 5 minutes preparation, 20 minutes cooking
This simple Herby Bacon-Wrapped Chicken is quick to make but is sure to impress your special someone when you serve it up with their favourite vegetables or salad on Valentine’s Day.
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 4 rashers of Bacon
- 3tbsp Cream Cheese
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 1tbsp dried Mixed Herbs
- Juice of half a Lemon
- Olive Oil for frying
- New potatoes and seasonal vegetables to serve
- Preheat your oven to 200˚C.
- Mix the cream cheese, dried herbs, garlic and seasoning together. Put the chicken breasts on a board and dollop a spoonful of the cream cheese mix on top of each breast. Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each, as neatly and tightly as you can, keeping the filling enclosed.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and brown the chicken on both sides before transferring to a roasting tin and baking in the oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked.
- Remove the chicken breasts and sit to one side to rest for a few minutes. Meanwhile, add the lemon juice to the roasting tin and stir over a medium heat, scraping off any crispy bits. Spoon the juices over the chicken and serve with potatoes and your favourite vegetables.