Come rain or shine, there is always something to do! Although sometimes it’s hard to plan, especially when the UK weather is so changeable, which is why we’ve compiled a “to do” list to help inspire you! We want to help you make this Summer your own, and we have loads of great ideas to help you get started:
THINGS TO DO ON A SUNNY DAY:
THINGS TO DO ON A RAINY DAY:
• Cook/bake something – A rainy day is the perfect chance to spend time baking – whether you make a showstopper (or a show-flopper!) you and the kids will have loads of fun getting creative. Look at our Cakes & Baking section for ideas!
• Write a story with the kids – Let your imaginations run wild and write a story together – you could start by writing one or two words each and see what kind of silly story you come up with. The time will pass so quickly and you’ll have a good laugh!
• Have a movie marathon – Pick out some of your favourite films and snuggle under a blanket. Pop by your local Costcutter beforehand to stock up on popcorn and other cinema snacks!
• Play board games – Board games don’t have to be boring – there are so many new jazzy ones out there that are a great laugh and they’re a great way to bring family and friends together (until there’s a sore loser anyway!)
• Go puddle jumping with the kids – Pull on your wellies and anorak and head outside – walking in the rain can be fun when you’re prepared, and the kids will absolutely love jumping in the big puddles! Why not head in-store to your local Costcutter to pick up some treats while you’re at it?
• Do an indoor treasure hunt – Hide various objects around the house and set your kids off finding them. You could draw a map to make it easier or write out clues – you could even dress up in fancy dress as pirates if you’re feeling that way out!
• Make a blanket fort – Got bedsheets? Got a table and chairs and some cushions? Perfect - you have all you need to create a blanket fort! Kids will love hiding inside it and it provides hours of fun.
• Host a tea party – Why not host your very own tea party? Whether it be for your family or for friends, pop down to your local Costcutter to pick up supplies and have your very own Rainy-Day Tea Party!