Serves 4, 10mins Preparation, 25mins Cooking
Rich, creamy Chicken Korma is usually forbidden territory if you’re watching your weight, but we’d hate you to miss out so here’s a lighter Chicken Korma recipe for you to enjoy.
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
• thumb-sized piece ginger, roughly chopped
• 4 tbsp korma paste
• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
• 50g ground almonds, plus extra to serve (optional)
• 4 tbsp sultanas
• 400ml chicken stock
• ¼ tsp golden caster sugar
• 150g pot 0% fat Greek yogurt
• small bunch coriander, chopped
- Put the onion, garlic and ginger in a food processor and whizz to a paste. Tip the paste into a large high-sided frying pan with 3 tbsp water and cook for 5 minutes. Add the korma paste and cook for a further 2 minutes until aromatic.
- Stir the chicken into the sauce, then add the ground almonds, sultanas, stock and sugar. Give everything a good mix, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the yogurt and some seasoning, then scatter over the coriander and flaked almonds, if using. Serve with brown or white basmati rice.