Serves 4, 5mins Preparation, 35mins Cooking
So tasty and a great way to impress at your next big BBQ!
• 12 Meaty pork ribs
• 100ml hoisin sauce
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tbsp clear honey
• 1 tbsp vinegar (you can use cider, malt or wine)
• 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- Put the ribs in a large pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins. Meanwhile, pour the hoisin sauce in a jug and stir in the soy sauce, honey, vinegar and five-spice.
- Drain the ribs very well, then brush with the glaze – if barbecuing, chill, cover and keep in the fridge for later.
- Heat your BBQ until it's very hot. Grill for 15-20 mins, turning from time to time until shiny and slightly charred in places. Serve hot.