1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4, butter and line the base of a 20cm x 20cm brownie tin with parchment paper.
2. Melt the chocolate (you can do this in the microwave in a microwaveable bowl or in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water)
3. Mix the flour and cocoa powder together along with the spices and a pinch of salt, then set aside. Using a whisk (ideally electric!) beat the butter and sugar together until super light and fluffy, then whisk in the egg and yolk.
4. Pour in melted chocolate, wine and flour mixture and whisk until just combined.
5. Pour the batter into tin and bake for 15 minutes until just set (don’t worry if there is a slight wobble in the centre, it will settle as they cool!)
6. Put into the fridge to firm up
7. Serve and enjoy!