The name derives from a Cuban story about an American who visited a bar in Havana.
Upon spotting two locals ordering a drink, he overheard one of them request 'lo mismo'. Not wanting to appear culturally crass, he confidently ordered himself a 'lo mismo', not realising it's actually a Spanish phrase meaning 'I'll have the same'. The rest as they say, is history.
- 35ml Bacardi Superior rum
- 100ml soda water / club soda
- 2 lime wedges
- Pour the Bacardi Superior rum into a tall highball glass that’s filled with ice cubes.
- Then squeeze in the lime juice from the 2 lime wedges and drop the lime peels into the mix.
- Finally add the soda water and stir well before serving.