Serves 2, 25mins Preparation, 15mins Cooking
An irresistible all-time favourite weekend breakfast with no health benefits whatsoever. But gorgeous!
- 50ml/2fl oz whole milk
- 2 free-range eggs
- 2 thick slices slightly stale brioche
- 2 knobs unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- pinch - ½ tsp ground cinnamon, to taste
- Whisk together the milk and eggs in a wide shallow bowl.
- Dip the brioche slices into the egg and milk mixture for one minute, making sure the liquid soaks into the brioche on both sides.
- Heat a knob of butter in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Once the butter is melted, fry the brioche slices for two minutes on each side until golden-brown and crisp. Remove from the pan and place onto a serving plate.