Serves 4, 5mins Preparation, 10mins Cooking
A delicious posh twist on an everyday simple snack that is perfect for a speedy and wholesome meat-free meal any night of the week.
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- ¼ finely chopped red chilli
- 400g can each mixed beans and cannellini beans, both drained
- 150g (5oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 125ml (4fl oz) hot vegetable stock
- 8 slices crusty bread
- 50g (2oz) goat's cheese
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the shallots and chilli for 2 minutes. Add beans, tomatoes, chilli sauce, stock and most of the thyme. Season. Heat for a few minutes until the tomatoes start to cook down.
- Toast the bread. Spoon the beans on to the toast, then crumble over the goat's cheese and remaining thyme. Serve immediately.